The reason for this is either:
- In case you are using system tools like Battery-Saver, Juice Defender, Antivirus, PrivacyGuard, xPrivacy or similar, please deactivate these tools temporarily or make sure they do not interfere with Life Reminders.
- Please make sure you are using the most recent version of the Google Play Services and update them if needed.
- In case you have updated your phone's operating system, you need to reinstall the app.
- Make sure your phone's battery saving mode is turned off.
- Android 6 and later: Android Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > All apps. Scroll to Life Reminders, and select “Don’t optimize”.
- Sony: Disable “Stamina” mode
- Huawei: Go to Huawei's “Phone Manager” > Energy Saver > Protected Apps and mark Life Reminders as a protected app.
- Xiaomi / MIUI: First, navigate to “Settings > Additional Settings > Battery and Performance > Manage apps’ battery usage”, and turn “Power saving modes” off. Then, open the Security app, navigate to Permissions, and add Life Reminders to Autostart. Finally, summon the Task Manager, find Life Reminders, and drag it downwards until the padlock icon appears.
- Life reminders is installed on the SD Card instead of the system main memory
- If none of above apply, try reinstalling the app.
This includes (but not limited to) : Samsungs task manager, Sony's stamina mode,greenefy, ASUS Auto-Start Manager...
Phone specific help:
For asus zenfone: http://myzen.asus.com/2015/10/17/auto-start-manager-explained/
For MIUI OS (XIAOMI) : http://en.miui.com/thread-10083-1-1.html
For OPPO ColorOS : http://community.oppo.com/en/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44073
Articles about task killers: